Tuesday 17 August 2021

Route for day 1

Lots of people have been asking exactly where I'll be cycling on the Ride Across Britain LEJOG route. A common misconception is that is runs North to South, because "that must be downhill, right?" But no, the event runs South to North (otherwise it would be JOGLE, not LEJOG).

Anyway, over the next week or two I'll post summaries of each day's stage, so you get an idea of what I'm going to be up against, as well as where I'll be going. Let's start, obviously, with day 1, the day with most elevation to climb: basically, there aren't many flat roads, you're either grinding it out uphill or hanging on for dear life donwhill. Good to get the hilliest day out of the way first, I guess.

I'll tag all route posts with "route", so they're easy to pull together for those that are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment