Thursday 9 December 2021

A potentially expensive new hobby

Regular readers of this blog will know that I am a keen amateur road cyclist (think sportives, not races), and that earlier this year I rode from Land's End to John O'Groats in nine days. Well, as part of getting my kit together for that, and to help with fundraising, I used the excellent Owayo kit designer to make myself a custom cycling jersey for the event and am pleased to report that I was very happy with the result.

So much so that I got to thinking... I could put literally anything on a jersey. Anything! This could be the solution to not being able to find many jerseys that I like. Designs like these, for example:

George Best cycling jersey
Hatful of Hollow cycling jersey

Yes, I did put the Reception Records rose logo on the sleeve of the George Best jersey. And yes, that is the vinyl run-out etching message "The Impotence of Being Ernest" on the sleeve of the Hatful of Hollow jersey.

I could get carried away with this, I really could. There are so many album sleeves, book covers and film posters that would make great jerseys. But these are custom-printed one-offs and ship to the UK from Germany. I could very quickly spend a lot of money...

...or I could just take orders?

No comments:

Post a Comment